Comfort is a feeling that means you are home. At Elk Meadows, we invite you to see what home looks like in beautiful Oakley, Utah.
Elk Meadows prides itself in its large studios and one bedroom suites. Each room is equipped with a large window, private bathroom, refrigerator, microwave and is designed for cable and phone hook ups. Our one bedroom suites offer a separate living area and a large bathroom and walk in closet.
Elk Meadows offers the ability to age in place for our residents. This concept allows those who meet the qualifications of an Assisted Living type II, to reside in their home here at Elk Meadows even if they decline after admission. We offer what is called “Aging in Place”, this allows us to supplement the residents care with a Home Health or Hospice agency to meet the skilled needs of our residents if necessary.
Our facility Registered Nurse is well rounded and trained in Hospice, Home Health, Hospital and Assisted Living Care. At Elk Meadows we strive to give prompt feedback from a nurse to those residents and family members who are in need of answers when health concerns arise.
Our dedicated, trained and licensed CNA’s are all drug screened and background check complete upon hire.
Basic Services and Amenities:
- Our attentive, professionally trained and licensed staff is available 24 hours a day to deliver the support and services you desire
- Attractive studios and one bedroom apartments all on one level
- Apartment kitchenette includes a refrigerator and microwave
- Three restaurant style meals served daily along with evening snacks
- Scheduled transportation for health care and personal needs
- Planned recreational, cultural, spiritual, educational, and wellness activities
- Housekeeping and laundry services weekly and PRN
- Family Holiday celebrations
- LDS, Catholic, and non-denominational church services available
- Emergency call system in every apartment
- Salon Services provided weekly
- On site podiatrist services provided every 90 days
- Medication Supervision
- Pets Welcome
- Educational Support groups Monthly
New Choice Waiver Approved
The New Choice Waiver Program is a Medicaid sponsored program designed to provide eligible Medicaid recipients residing in nursing homes the option of receiving long term care services in home and community based settings (such as Elk Meadows Assisted Living), rather than institutional settings.
At the time of application, individuals applying for the New Choice Waiver must be:
- One month past their 21st birthday
- Receiving Medicaid reimbursed nursing facility care on an extended stay basis of 90 days or more; or
- Receiving Medicare reimbursed care in another type of licensed Utah medical institution that is not an institution for mental disease (IMD) on an extended stay of at least 30 days and will discharge to a Medicaid certified nursing facility for an extended stay of at least 60 days; or
- Receiving Medicaid reimbursed services through another of Utah’s 1915 (c) waivers and have been identified as being in need of immediate (or near immediate) nursing facility admission.